Monday, December 15, 2008

Josephine Top Complete

I picked up the Josephine top and finished it this weekend. And it turned out beautifully.

And the back:

This is the Josephine Top from Interweave Knits from summer 2007. I can't remember the yarn now, I do know that I used a size 4 harmony circular. The sizing if I remember correctly was size 36 and 40 and I wanted 38, so I added a few stitches on the side and made the small for the top. I had to do the neck edging twice (the first time I picked up too many stitches and it wasn't quite right) and I did once sleeve cap twice (I misread the instructions and also picked up too few stitches and the sleeve was too tight). Overall, I am very please with how this turned out. I must remember now to make the mistake of being worried something will be too small and choose to make a larger size. I need to do a gauge swatch well, check and double-check, and go for it. This is supposed to a summer dud, but I didn't finish it in time. Oh, and I also decided to do the cord in a single chain crochet stitch and it turned out just fine.

I put this outfit together this morning, then went to scrape and warm the car. While I was waiting in the car in -8 below zero temps, I changed my mind and came in an opted for the Tilted Duster - a much better choice for the weather. I had to use a space heater in my office today. Yikes, it seems early for these temps even in Minnesota.